Please help! Tamarillos safe?

YellowfootMama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oshawa, Ontario
I am fairly new and I'm trying to create an interesting and varied diet for the love of my life ;) Shungu (means heart in an amazonian tribal language) a baby yellow footed tortoise, under a year old, maybe 7-8 months.
So normally we do collards, curly endive, Dandilion greens, wheat grass, watermelon, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, matzuri, zoomed forrest tortoise diet, papaya, mango, Belgium endive, spaghetti squash, yellow peppers , guava, butternut squash, red leaf lettuce and green leaf lettuce. These are things I've been able to find and I offer them in the best way possible, not everyday except the staples, like collards, which I usually use as a base. Anyways today I wanted to try something different, so
I picked up some fruits to make a fruit salad. I don't usually come across too many exotic fruits and these were native to South America, so
I thought why not ... Would yellow pitayaha (yellow dragon fruit), prickly pear fruit, tamirollo and passion fruit be okay? I've found info regarding red dragon fruit which says it's ok, and passion fruit seems ok, prickly pear seems great but seems info is more directed towards arid torts, and I've found NOTHING relating to tamarillo...can anyone help? Also are sweet potatoes really a no no? And how about green beans ? I've given dragon fruit to both her and my bearded dragon before without issue... But not this yellow kind. I Just want to stay on top of things, learn as much as I can And of course be certain things are 100% safe. I know all about the tortoise table but they don't provide the info about the fruits I'm asking about, and I don't like to keep all my eggs in the same basket ;) and utilize only one source for my research. I'm very passionate and thins is very long I'm aware :) I'm hoping to find a like minded tortoise lover who has the wisdom I'm looking for :)
Thanks in advance, any comments regarding adjustments that need to be made to her current diet are welcome as well.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Tamarillo and yellow pitahaya are fine as treats/minor components (as with all fruits) of a varied diet. I feed raw sweet potatoes to my RF's/YF's and steamed to my Indotestudo & Manouria -- again, as a minor component.