Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Since someone asked! ;)

These are my younger dragons, I am raising these up in hopes of having some GORGEOUS breeders!!!!

German Giant Hellga
100_4705.jpg
100_4472.jpg

who would be paired with Nova, who is 1/2 German Giant
100_4706.jpg

my big man Caesar who is HUGE for his age and just keeps growing
100_4562.jpg
cCaesar.jpg

Caesar will likely be paired with Atara
100_4698.jpg

and my money makers! Gorgeous Tenzin
1000_4696.jpg

100_4692.jpg

and his gal, my newest addition (and thus I have few pics yet), Crush
1000_4692.jpg

I'll post my older dragons in a seperate post!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very nice pics Kelly

On the second pic, the little one looks like a little trouble maker :D too cute

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
they are all so beautiful!!!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, again wonderful pics thank you for posting them. They are great looking beardies. Heres hoping for lots of wonderful fertile clutches when the time comes.

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
tenzin and his woman crush look great together! can't wait to see what babies they produce. how old is ceasar?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks!

James, I'm not sure how old Caesar is, all I know is he's still growing! I got him mid-June and he was about 6" in length, so I feel he was fairly young but in the last three months he has shot up to almost 18"!!! So he may have been older than I thought and just wasn't growing due to poor environment, then I got him and voila, happy healthy dragon!

I had gotten a female dragon that was almost his size but turns out she has bad MBD and so I won't be able to breed her, but I am keeping her on as a pet because she's a firecracker! LOL! Her name is Renegade and this is her now (the red on her arm is from raspberries! LOL!):
100_4730.jpg

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
beautiful dragons, kelly. you're making me wish i had a few myself

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
i think you probably do need at least one, Josh! :p

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
how much time do i have before those eggs hatch? ;)

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
wow, that is a HUGE difference in 4 months. what are you feeding him? lol. on a serious note, what are you gutloading your crickets with?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
lol he eats all the crickets he wants three times a day, he eats a full bowl full of greens, and often 2 or 3 bowls, and then treats of superworms sometimes! because he's growing so fast i still feed him 3x a day (on a "baby" schedule). he's slowing down his eating now , though.

i use those orange cubes and then cricket feed, and then i throw in wheat breed and greens too, for the crickets

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
hmmm... i'm using the green cubes that claims to be all in one. i also throw in the greens that my beardie doesn't eat. i have heard of baby food and even fish flakes. if he's eating that much greens, he's definitely almost an adult. good job on gettig him back to proper health!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
thanks!

you know most of my young dragons actually really love their greens! it amazes me because I'm told that babies don't care for them, but almost all of mine eat at least the first serving I give them! guess i just have the smart ones! :p (ROFL)

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cvalda , I was thinking. In case of rescues , what do you think about our door housing of bearded dragons communally in a large screen room enclosure.

Also I would like to ask about male vs male aggression in a very large enclosure.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I would NEVER house males together, and I would recommend to never do it. So many of my "rescues" are missing fingers, toes, hands, feet and tails due to aggression, and it's not all male-v-male. I would rarely house females together, even. I currently DO have two females housed together - this was THEIR idea, the one kept climbing out of her enclosure and into the others - and altho one is definately more dominant, I watch them closely and they actually do really well together. But this is the exception to the rule, and I doubt this will be a permanent thing.

As for really large enclosures... I honestly still wouldn't do it. I know that large scale breeders do, but it's so risky and they can do so much damage to each other! The biggest problem will come when they all want to be in the basking area, or eating... all hell will break lose, without a doubt!

And then of course you've got quarantining issues to think about...

It's so nice to house them individually, anyways, because then you can moniter all their poops, and know who is eating what, etc!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Here's some more photos I took of a few of the dragons soaking the other day...

This is Nova, who just shed his back, and his colors are coming out amazing! I have his littermate (sister) and she is as yellow as Mellow Yellow!!! But Nova is getting such lovely browns and reds!!!
100_4841.jpg

This is Tenzin, who is a brighter orange than this pic shows, usually (he just went through shed too!)
100_4842.jpg

Here's my #1 boy, Caesar! He's got small eyes compared to the others, it makes him always look tired!
100_4859.jpg

100_4857.jpg

Here's my funny boy Granite, I love his head!
100_4847.jpg

100_4851.jpg

And this is Zalia, who has the BIGGEST eyes!!! She's shedding and was rather grumpy for these pics!
100_4849.jpg

100_4852.jpg

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Well im not sure!!! My young ones are shedding up to once a week for some of them going through growth spurts ! I guess adults shed 1- 2 x per year usually. This is Zalia's second shed in two months though, but i think it's 'cause they're all getting lots of good food now so maybe going OUT a bit! LOL!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
cvalda said:
Well im not sure!!! My young ones are shedding up to once a week for some of them going through growth spurts ! I guess adults shed 1- 2 x per year usually. This is Zalia's second shed in two months though, but i think it's 'cause they're all getting lots of good food now so maybe going OUT a bit! LOL!

They are living the good life :D

Thanks Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.