Dry head?

erinbug

Location (City and/or State)
Tomball
This is probably just me being paranoid but Tortellini’s head has been looking a little dry - his tank is at about 75% humidity and his heat mid 80s. I bathe him several times a week and he’s always climbing into his water dish and dunking his head. He burrows a LOT which is what I’m thinking it might be from? I swabbed it with a wet Q-tip but it didn’t seem to make it better. Is this normal/okay?
IMG_4515.jpg
IMG_4516.jpg

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
This is probably just me being paranoid but Tortellini’s head has been looking a little dry - his tank is at about 75% humidity and his heat mid 80s. I bathe him several times a week and he’s always climbing into his water dish and dunking his head. He burrows a LOT which is what I’m thinking it might be from? I swabbed it with a wet Q-tip but it didn’t seem to make it better. Is this normal/okay?
View attachment 277566
View attachment 277567

He does look dry. I bath my guy every day. You might want to increase the humidity to at least 80%. Just my suggestion. There are a lot of people here much more knowledgable than I am about tortoise care. Maybe post a photo of your habitat.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
All creatures shed skin. Snakes do it tidily all in one go. Humans do it in tiny bits that become house dust. Tortoises do it in patches and can look downright tatty at times.

It’s normal and requires no potions or treatment. Leave it alone and the old skin will rub off naturally as your tortoise goes about its business.

erinbug

Tomball
All creatures shed skin. Snakes do it tidily all in one go. Humans do it in tiny bits that become house dust. Tortoises do it in patches and can look downright tatty at times.

It’s normal and requires no potions or treatment. Leave it alone and the old skin will rub off naturally as your tortoise goes about its business.

Awesome thank you!