Cooked sweet potato
Canteloupe
Red sweet pepper
Raspberry
Lettuce

b.jpg

karlyholmes

5 Year Member
Thats Trixie! She has only three legs/feet. But she is FIRST to the food dish every single time. Then comes Biggie. The rest wait until i walk away and wont eat if I watch lol

karlyholmes

5 Year Member
I dont know though- The lady in the photo is Trixie and even though she is a rescue with a missing leg, she can outrun ALL the others to the food bowl and even though she is smallish, she will mash the others faces if they try to cash in before she gets her fill. At worm time, ive seen her finish hers and then watch me feed the baby on the OTHER side of the table 6 feet away and within about 6 seconds of the worm dropping she is over there trying to steal it! She is my smallest adult(6-7") but eats twice what Biggie (8-9") eats. Shes the one staring at me when I peer in to see if she needs to get her running claws on. Ive taken to making 4 smaller dishes and mixing the food together so that the other turtles get a fair chance against her!

Here is a photo of Biggie (left) and Trixie (right) pounding down the food during an outdoor picnic. You can see the size difference, but these two are my most ferocious eaters!

522510_10150925928314286_1782628764_n.jpg

(and you can see that even though the enclosure is kept moist, they constantly have grimy Arkansas dirt on them which is the main reason they got moved indoors)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
i have two that are always waiting for me and come running at the sight of me in hopes of getting an "extra" worm or treat :) and well they get it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.