Eat

TiaAnaise2002

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi could anyone please help me on what I can feed my elongated tortoise. I’ve tried him with a lot of fruit and veg but all I can seem to get him to eat is lettuce, melon, cucumber, mushrooms and I recently tried him with celery but I know you aren’t meant to give them that all the time. He’s doesn’t like kale, cabbage, sprouts, berries and sweet potatoes. He’s only little so not quite sure what else I can try him with.

Attachments

• 29E87A78-03EE-452E-A921-B8B20D8D9D7B.png
    29E87A78-03EE-452E-A921-B8B20D8D9D7B.png
    912.5 KB · Views: 8
North Carolina
Try cutting up pieces of what he won't eat and mixing that with what you know he's eating. I liked mixing organic unsweetened applesauce with Mazuri or zoomed pellets back when my elongated were not interested and now they eat the pellets with out complaints for the most part.
Try smashing a melon and spreading it on the lettuce and see if that works. Then you can slowly reduce the amount of melon until he's eating only the lettuce.

Also be sure to look up what lettuces are good to feed because I believe that both kale and cabbage are not really good. I fed my elongateds spring mix without spinach, turnip greens, endive, romaine lettuce, and mustard greens.

Reactions: Tom

TiaAnaise2002

London
Try cutting up pieces of what he won't eat and mixing that with what you know he's eating. I liked mixing organic unsweetened applesauce with Mazuri or zoomed pellets back when my elongated were not interested and now they eat the pellets with out complaints for the most part.
Try smashing a melon and spreading it on the lettuce and see if that works. Then you can slowly reduce the amount of melon until he's eating only the lettuce.

Also be sure to look up what lettuces are good to feed because I believe that both kale and cabbage are not really good. I fed my elongateds spring mix without spinach, turnip greens, endive, romaine lettuce, and mustard greens.
Okay thankyou I will definitely try this, if you know much about elongated tortoise how old do you think he could be by the picture I put on I think he could be quite young but not sure as haven’t had him since he hatched, I can add a few more pictures of him aswell. Also I mainly just feed him lambs lettuce and some cres

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
North Carolina
I can give you a better estimate if you give me his weight and size. I don't know how big your hand is but I would guess younger than 3 and older than 1.