edible inexpensive plants for sulcata

CroutonDave

Hey just wanted to know what kind of good edible inexpensive plants that I can plant into croutons enclosure for the summer months. Also some that can with stand freezing temps. Crouton tramples any and everything that goes into his "yard" lol. Feel free to post pics so I can c how y'all have created yalls enclosures. Thanks!!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Hostas are great and they come back every year and multiply! Dandelions, rose of sharon, plantain, chicory, mini mulberry trees, and grazing seed mix.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I was going to say hostas too. Hollychock flowers are also perennial and have a lot of leaves. Mine really like them. Grapes are great too.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
opuntia and any type of tort safe vine. Have the vines planted outside the enclosure but growing into it and the cactus in pots heavy enough so they don't turn over easily but can be put on it's side for when you want him to eat some if he can't reach it from the standing position.

CroutonDave

OK. That sounds like a great idea!! Never thought of the cacti in a heavy pot. I don't think crouton realizes his own strength sometimes... :)

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Mexican Heather is a huge hit here! Grows fast, pretty, very tasty and Tuleo loves to chill under his large on one sunny days!