Edible Plant Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
I apologize if this website or link has already been posted, I just found it immensely helpful! I printed off the edible Landscaping guide Tom shared and keep it in my purse. I often pull it out while browsing for plants at Lowe's or the local flower shop.

Luv it. But luv this one even mire because it has photos. The Lowe's folks have learned a lot about torts now and ate used to me pulling out my list and asking if they have any of the items. The printable booklet from The Tortoise Table will be a lot handier. I can just point at the pics instead of reading through a long list of plant names.

I have noticed a few items on the new kist say some things are toxic or not recommended from the other list. I will have to sit down and cross reference. Anything which isn't recommended on either list I will just stay away from. I was trying to identify a type of succulent my husband brought home from Walmart. The plant stick didn't have a name and the planter sticker just said succulent. It ended up being toxic to torts.

Just wanted to share.

http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/files/Booklet 2nd edition_March 2012.pdf

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
It's probably the most referenced website link on this site, (I even have the site's plant database in my signature below)... it's a very good and the guide is dead handy on a smart phone :)

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Thanks. I wasn't sure and wanted to share. I hadn't seen it yet on the forum. I'm curious about the air plants the website lists. Just started wondering about that last week. I have tons of air plants I brought back from Florida. Picked them from my in-laws Bottle Brush tree last year. The type I gave are not shown, will have to do done research. TTT says no to bottle brush but the link I printed from the forum says they are safe. I wonder if that impacts the type of sir plants I have since they were on the tree. Not attached to them obviously, but living on it as a type of host I guess. Thoughts?
I know as much about plants as I do about cooking lol

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I think it's good it's got it's ow thread, actually... it'll make it easier to reference for other people.

Well done! :)

NaturalK84

5 Year Member
TaraDodrill said:
I apologize if this website or link has already been posted, I just found it immensely helpful! I printed off the edible Landscaping guide Tom shared and keep it in my purse. I often pull it out while browsing for plants at Lowe's or the local flower shop.

Luv it. But luv this one even mire because it has photos. The Lowe's folks have learned a lot about torts now and ate used to me pulling out my list and asking if they have any of the items. The printable booklet from The Tortoise Table will be a lot handier. I can just point at the pics instead of reading through a long list of plant names.

I have noticed a few items on the new kist say some things are toxic or not recommended from the other list. I will have to sit down and cross reference. Anything which isn't recommended on either list I will just stay away from. I was trying to identify a type of succulent my husband brought home from Walmart. The plant stick didn't have a name and the planter sticker just said succulent. It ended up being toxic to torts.

Just wanted to share.

http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/files/Booklet 2nd edition_March 2012.pdf

WOW thank u!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
JoesMum said:
It's probably the most referenced website link on this site, (I even have the site's plant database in my signature below)... it's a very good and the guide is dead handy on a smart phone :)

Ditto. Well used to have it in my signature, until Tom wrote another thread I needed to add. Then I had to let the tortoisetable link go:(

Status
Not open for further replies.