eep... i just contacted a rescue center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
So i've took it upon myself to try and contact as many rescue centers as possible to try and re-home some tortoises. (mainly looking for leopards but we'll see what it brings up)

This is because after long discussions with my mum. She's happy for me to eventually get a hatchling or two, which i really want.
But she'd rather me fill the house, and garden, with rescued tortoises then going out and buying lots.

She's keen on the leopard herd idea but she said she's more keen on re-home and rescuing tortoises who need a good home.
I've also been trying to sneak in the idea of getting tortoises as rescues and then trying to find them good homes via this site and lots of others. (a tortoise rescue!)

I'm gutted about putting the breeding plan to the side but i would rather do something good for tortoises out there that need me.
We shall see how finding tortoises who need a good home goes. I could well end up with my herd anyway ;)
(Knowing me i'll end up with a tortoise rescue with about 10 herds all breeding! HAHA!)

So if your in the UK and hear of anything, let me know :) Any kind of tortoise is welcome. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your mother doesn't know it yet, but she has created a monster!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
stephiiberrybean said:
So i've took it upon myself to try and contact as many rescue centers as possible to try and re-home some tortoises. (mainly looking for leopards but we'll see what it brings up)

This is because after long discussions with my mum. She's happy for me to eventually get a hatchling or two, which i really want.
But she'd rather me fill the house, and garden, with rescued tortoises then going out and buying lots.

She's keen on the leopard herd idea but she said she's more keen on re-home and rescuing tortoises who need a good home.
I've also been trying to sneak in the idea of getting tortoises as rescues and then trying to find them good homes via this site and lots of others. (a tortoise rescue!)

I'm gutted about putting the breeding plan to the side but i would rather do something good for tortoises out there that need me.
We shall see how finding tortoises who need a good home goes. I could well end up with my herd anyway ;)
(Knowing me i'll end up with a tortoise rescue with about 10 herds all breeding! HAHA!)

So if your in the UK and hear of anything, let me know :) Any kind of tortoise is welcome. :)
Hello
I used to live in the Uk and may know of a lady that can help you who herself rescues tortoises. She will want to know though that you are well read on the tortoises and fully understand what a commitment they are as she has no problem with keeping her rescues if a good home is not available.
Leopards in the UK occasionally go down quite quickly with respiratory problems-some of the more experienced keepers have lost established adults this way-please go into it with all the information.

Other breeds are great too-hermanns, Russian, (Greek )Ibera)
She has them all.
Please PM me if you want a contact phone number

Thanks and I hope you find a rescue tortoise-there are lots out there needing a great home

Louise

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
haha Yvonne. My mum created a monster the moment she did a degree in animal science and nearly became a vet! Since I was a kid i've grown up loving animals.

Louise, I shall pm you now thanks :D
I already have one leopard tortoise, Squirt. I'm well read and am always reading and trying to learn more and more.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Sounds like a great thing that you are going to do for a lot of torts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.