Egg Yolk looking discharge ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago IL
So today I brought Kala home and first soaked her in warm water because her skin looked flaky then i put her in the tank and she basked a while. She ate a strawberry, then she drank water for about 10 min straight (she must have been dehydrated) and then I noticed some egg yolky type of discharge on the substrate near her cloaca .. She is taking Panacur for intestinal parasites so could it be from that ???

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
I think some could be from Rx, but, I know my Russians discharge white urates, which is normal for them.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
ok , the girl i adopted her from is a vet tech and she said its from the parasites and meds ... ill just keep monitoring and making sure she is active ! Thanks :)

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
turtlemann2 said:
penny one of my girls has passed urates before ill tell you it was quite worrying before i researched the heck out of the topic

So you think it may just be urates rather than from the parasites/medication ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought urates were white, not yolky (yellow) color. I would venture to guess it is what the vet tech said. Just keep a close eye. If it continues too long after the meds had been stopped, or something else not right pops up, then you might want to check back with the vets. Don't forget to post some pics of her in her new home.:D

Katherine

5 Year Member
I very occasionally get yellow yolk-looking urates from one of my females and thought it was a ruptured egg the first time I noticed it. I will try to take a pic whenever it happens again. I wouldn't worry. And Panacur is white...no?

tortuga_please

5 Year Member
I would trust the vet tech, especially if she/he has experience with torts. If it doesn't go away, then I would start asking around further.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
katherine said:
I very occasionally get yellow yolk-looking urates from one of my females and thought it was a ruptured egg the first time I noticed it. I will try to take a pic whenever it happens again. I wouldn't worry. And Panacur is white...no?

Yes the panacur is a white liquid , that's why my first guess was the meds ...

Status
Not open for further replies.