UPDATE on the TTBT i adpoted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago IL
So far I have had Kala my adopted TTBT for 1 week and 2 days. I have her set up in a 55 gallon aquarium, but I am planning on purchasing a 48long x 28 wide x 18 tall Vision cage from a friend who breeds snakes, so she will soon have a big house :)

I set up her cage the day before I got her with minimal things..
This is before..
IMAG0856.jpg

This is after ...
IMAG0865.jpg

Unfortunately because she has intestinal parasites I had to take all of the mulch and moss out of the cage and she is just on paper towels for 30 days...

I made her a "hide box" because I felt bad that she cannot burrow or anything . The box is just cardboard that is covered in a garbage bag then taped everywhere with shipping tape so that it is semi water resistant.
IMAG0873.jpg

She seems to be enjoying her new home and she eats a lot of different foods. She weighs 544 grams and she is very alert and loves to bask :)
IMAG0880.jpg

She also LOVES strawberries
IMAG0885.jpg

Feel free to give any suggestions for cage or anything !!!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
My suggestion would be to ..get a box, some filling, another smaller box, tape...and send her to ME!!..lol..she is so pretty.....

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Thanks :) I think she is a cutie too ! Haha Jojo u have all of the awesome logs and plants, u do not need a boring box :p

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
they had you pull out all the substright because of worms?... did the vet tell you this or did the rehabber? that doesnt seem normal. my guys had worms and they were givin panacur three times with 10 day seperation between doasages. they never had to be taken off of the substright....

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
turtlemann2 said:
they had you pull out all the substright because of worms?... did the vet tell you this or did the rehabber? that doesnt seem normal. my guys had worms and they were givin panacur three times with 10 day seperation between doasages. they never had to be taken off of the substright....

I am giving her the panacur , but the vet said it would be easier to monitor her stool if she is on towels and easier to clean up right away so they don't spread and reinfect .. she is going back in 3 weeks and they will re check her stool and make sure she is worm free. Then she can go back on mulch and moss :)

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Beeliz said:
How does a turtle get worms anyways? Just curious...

well she was adopted but they think she was originally wild caught . in the wild its easy to pick up parasites because they are in other turtles poop so if they accidentally walk on it then eat and it gets in their mouths, then they have it

Angi said:
Looks great! How old is she?

They did not know her age. On her medical chart it says probably around 10, but they dont know for sure .. and thanks, she is a cutie !

Status
Not open for further replies.