TTBT affection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
Hello all,

I rescued a ttbt recently and she looks very content...she loves to dig in the dirt and eats well..she even lets me hold her and talk to her...I can pet her head and nuzzle my nose close to her...so basically what I am saying is I love her.
When I got her she was living in a aquarium with just tons of rocks and water flowing on one side splashing all over (fish water pump).

Now she has dirt to dig in, logs to hide under and plants all around her. She gets natural sun and also artificial. Today I took her out and gave her a warm soak and light scrub on her shell. So with that said my heart is in to rescuing. I feel alot of ppl get these turtles as hatchlings and then grow tired of them and pass them along to ppl who really don't know how to care for them. I will eventually get another TTBT, when I find one.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
wow great looking girl!! I know how you feel, i can watch my turtles all day long :) i could easily try to adopt every turtle i see... maybe in 15 years lol.. anyways great job on the rescues !!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Jojo, your TT is looking fantastic, and I'm so happy she found someone to love her like you do. Box turtles hold a special place in my heart. I grew up with them as my Dad kept them too. Our oldest Box Turtle was well over 60 years old, and just died about two Summers ago. I always think that Frank (BT) and my Dad are finally together again. Love and cherish her and you will have her all of your life, like I had Frank. They are such special animals.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
terryo said:
Jojo, your TT is looking fantastic, and I'm so happy she found someone to love her like you do. Box turtles hold a special place in my heart. I grew up with them as my Dad kept them too. Our oldest Box Turtle was well over 60 years old, and just died about two Summers ago. I always think that Frank (BT) and my Dad are finally together again. Love and cherish her and you will have her all of your life, like I had Frank. They are such special animals.

That's such an amazing story ! It's going to make me cry though ! I hope frank and your dad are both in heaven together !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.