Eggbound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Can tortoise get eggbound if they have not had a mate? I know there are a few reptiles example my chameleon she lays without a mate and can die if she does lay.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tyler:

A female tortoise can get egg bound, but not necessarily because she hasn't had a mate. Its usually because she can't find the right place to dig a nest. She'll lay her eggs whether they've been fertilized or not.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
emysemys said:
Hi Tyler:

A female tortoise can get egg bound, but not necessarily because she hasn't had a mate. Its usually because she can't find the right place to dig a nest. She'll lay her eggs whether they've been fertilized or not.

:)

thea lester

5 Year Member
New Orleans, LA
Hi! My turtle is currently nesting but just won't lay! aargh. I just wanted to know if your tortoise ever laid? If so, what all did you change that got her to do so? Thanks a million! Thea

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
thea lester said:
Hi! My turtle is currently nesting but just won't lay! aargh. I just wanted to know if your tortoise ever laid? If so, what all did you change that got her to do so? Thanks a million! Thea

Truthfully when I wrote it my tortoise was just hatched now he's only a year I was just writing out of curiousity. If you make a post maybe others can help you they are experienced on here

Status
Not open for further replies.