EGGCITING NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Worked late ...( but all ready had her on surveillance ) just enough evening light before she finished.....Queen Liz' , pops out 5 nice eggs in one deep , sticky nest site.
LIZ7-16-125eggs.jpg

LIZ7-16-12a.jpg
LIZ7-16-12b.jpg

JD~:)

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
Wow that awesome JD! I have never had a female lay in muddy soil like that; why do you think she picked that spot?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
jrcrist4 said:
Wow that awesome JD! I have never had a female lay in muddy soil like that; why do you think she picked that spot?

Soft and easy to dig .....was a new spot for her, I knew she was going to lay soon so I soaked the tort yard well.......( plus its been hot ) most of our soil here is nothing more than clay, gets very sticky when wet and hard as hell whenbone dry . Still amazes me how they can dig so deep with precision, lay their clutch and cover so well ..... if I didnt see her lay ...I would have missed them. Queeny is one heck of a producer as this makes 32 eggs in the last 9 months ... with about 90% hatch rate.

AustinASU said:
Are you going to do natural incubation?

Even though I'm in So Cal and warm ..the nights are too cold even in summer for a successful hatch rate. So I incubate all my eggs indoors.

JD~

Status
Not open for further replies.