eggtooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotth42

10 Year Member!
how long does it take for the eggtooth to go away my tort is 3 months old and still has that point on his beak? is this normal.

scotth42

10 Year Member!
cmon people hatchling leopard eggtooth how long til it goes away mine is not going away it has been 3 months it still has a point at the beak tip is this a problem?

scotth42

10 Year Member!
Crazy1 said:
scott42, not sure on this one but can you post a pic? Might Help!
i don't have a good camera but it's like a little point on his beak
kinda like a pimple head the guy i got him from said it was egg tooth and it would go away i have looked at pics of egg tooth and it it the same thing but it doesn't seem to be going away. i hope this isn't a beak deformation it seems to curve up a bit

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Scott42 what do you feed him on? I feed mine on slate so it has a tendency to wear down the beak and off the eggtooth.

scotth42

10 Year Member!
Crazy1 said:
Scott42 what do you feed him on? I feed mine on slate so it has a tendency to wear down the beak and off the eggtooth.
i feed him on a tile also do babys have big appetites mine does not eat much just a little leaf lettuce and some weeds from the yard but not very much i have tried every other veggie but it will only touch the leaf lettuce and clover it weighed 41g when i got him a month ago now is 52g i was told he was born in late dec 07 is that about the right size.that would make him about 3 mo old wouldn't that eggtooth have gone away bye now?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I'm not sure if or when the egg tooth goes away. Each baby is different. Babies have baby appetites. Just think of how tiny their stomachs must be when they are so very small. It sounds as if he is eating fine and I would think that in time the egg tooth will disappear. At this time I wouldn’t worry too much about a deformed beak.

I would continue to switch up his greens. Add some cactus or maybe flowers to the mix. The weeds are great. If you continue to feed him the same things he may get stubborn and only want to eat those things. Maybe try some rose peddles and leaves, strawberry leaves or the green tops off the strawberries, geraniums, cactus, frisee, radicchio and a bit of ground up carrot. These are things mine Love. But then mine are Greeks. You can get these organic if you have a Trader Joes around you or you can get Frisee in packaged salads in the grocery stores sometimes. As always make sure they are not sprayed with chemicals nor have fertilizers on them if you are getting any of them from a garden. Also mine love, really love hibiscus flowers and leaves and Grape and Mulberry leaves.

scotth42

10 Year Member!
i think i'm used to my russians eating when e was a baby 31g he was a yr this past march now she's 233g her appetite is awsome on mostly yard weeds and grasses she goes all winter without slowing down like a machine. anyway i'll try some more different thing thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.