Egyptian tortoise breeders in USA?

Dap21

Location (City and/or State)
RI
Hi everyone,
If anyone knows any Egyptian Tortoise breeders in the United States whose contact info they could share with me I'd super appreciate it. Thank you!

Dustin

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
Egyptian Tortoises are now on the Endangered Species List. You can no longer sell them across state lines. If there is no one already breeding them in Rhode Island you are out of luck unless you can find a breeder that is willing to gift one to you. Be wary of anyone offering to sell them to you.

Dap21

RI
Egyptian Tortoises are now on the Endangered Species List. You can no longer sell them across state lines. If there is no one already breeding them in Rhode Island you are out of luck unless you can find a breeder that is willing to gift one to you. Be wary of anyone offering to sell them to you.
Awh poop 😭

zovick

10 Year Member!
Awh poop 😭
You could try a Western Hermann's Tortoise instead. Their sizes are similar and they are easier to maintain up there in New England than Egyptian Tortoises. I know this for a fact because I have kept both species and lived in MA and CT from 1949 to 2002.

Dap21

RI
You could try a Western Hermann's Tortoise instead. Their sizes are similar and they are easier to maintain up there in New England than Egyptian Tortoises. I know this for a fact because I have kept both species and lived in MA and CT from 1949 to 2002.
I like that idea any idea on reputable breeders?

zovick

10 Year Member!
I like that idea any idea on reputable breeders?
The premier breeder of Western Hermann's Tortoises is Chris Leone in southern New Jersey. Here is a link to his web site: https://www.hermannihaven.com/

Another possibility is Gary Bright up near Oneonta, NY. Email Gary at: [email protected]

Tell them I referred you and they'll charge you extra (LOL).

Good luck.

Bill Zovickian