Egyptian tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We wanted to show a picture of our Egyptian tortoises. They are so tiny! So much to learn about these little creatures.

2008%2007%2029_0341.JPG

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
The Egyptians look great Tim and Robin :D

Danny

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
oswego tort lover said:
hi how old are they the carapaces look perfect........ed

We don't know their exact age - weeks. They are new hatchlings. But whether that is 6 week, 8 weeks, we are not certain. When they first arrived, the shells looked slightly crooked, when viewed from behind (like they look right after hatching). But the very next day, they seemed to have straightened out and look fine now.

We really hope to do everything right for these little guys, as many people have had troubles keeping them. We take everyone's adivce seriously. We read a lot and keep revising what we think is "best" for all our torts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You two have really gotten bit by the tortoise bug in a BIG way!! Nothing like jumping in with all four feet, huh? Beautiful tortoises and a lovely collection. Just curious: What are your winter-time habitats going to be like?

Yvonne

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
emysemys said:
You two have really gotten bit by the tortoise bug in a BIG way!! Nothing like jumping in with all four feet, huh? Beautiful tortoises and a lovely collection. Just curious: What are your winter-time habitats going to be like?

Yvonne

We have had other reptiles and tortoises in the past. We are just finally in a place in our lives we can afford (both $ and time) to give them what they need. We are figuring we will have a lot more action starting in the way of breeding in about 10 years. We are planning our retirement hobby! :D

Even in the summer, north Idaho is too cool to keep tortoises outside all the time (down to 40's this week at night, 80's day). So our torts go outside during the day, but come in during the evening. We have large cages indoors, for all torts, trying not to skimp on their space. We have UVA/UVB bulbs ready for winter days for all cages. We don't use the bulbs now since the tortoises are outside and the UVB doesn't last but about a year. So to answer your question, during winter they will be inside all day, just as they are now at night time.

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats! Wonderful looking baby torts. Every time I come to read the posts, it seems like you guys have gotten more torties. Tort bug is a great bug to get bit by!

Jeremy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Awsome! You are so lucky, I have wanted Egytians for years but have never come across any up here in Canada. Congrats!

Jeremy

Marla

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RainbowValley, AZ.
What beautiful babies..I owned adults years ago and I could no get over how they coo'd like little doves...

eminart

10 Year Member!
Very nice. I remember when mine was that size. He's huge now (almost 2 1/2" scl!) ;)

YuriTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
So cute I can't stand it!! The little toenails really get me - I just love them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.