1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

egyption tortoise Closes eyes & sometime tears

Discussion in 'Tortoise Health' started by omarnael123, Oct 11, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. omarnael123

omarnael123 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Egypt
    My tortoise was active and healthy didn't have any problems one day I left and before I left I gave my tortoise to a friend to take care of the tortoise because I couldn't take it with me. and when I came back it didn't want to eat or drink but after a while it started to drink and it ate once out of six times since I came back
    it's activity has changed and became less active but I am thinking thats because the weather has became a little bit cold at night
    and before I have left the city it was hot

Now the problem is that from about three days her eyes shut but not suddenly at first day it was closing for alittle bit of time and I thought It was sleeping but at the second day her eyes were starting to shut completly and today she opened her eyes and some tears were coming out I don't know what it is, I am assuming that she has dry eyes
    tell me what to do , what medicine should I buy and If I can get it from amazon
    and tell me the causes of this and what maight happen to my tortoise
    Please help ASAAP!!!
  2. crimson_lotus

crimson_lotus Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Massachusetts
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Hi there,

Would it be possible to show a picture or two of the enclosure? Eye issues can be from a variety of reasons, so it's hard to tell.

Could be a respiratory infection, or (I am not familiar with Egyptians but..) maybe low humidity?
  3. omarnael123

omarnael123 New Member

Egypt
    Screenshot_20191018-174201.png
    this was a picture I took 5 month ago but now there is a little bit more grass and less empty area