Elmo the Leopard thinks she is a Sulcata

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
This is Elmo. She is a full on burrowing baby Leopard. Every night she buries herself completely! Uhhhh... she better not burrow like this when she grows up. I don't keep Sulcatas for just that reason! LOL

You think it's a ghost town?
t70u3l.jpg

Look closer...
28bqkbq.jpg

OK I had to pull up a pinchful of moss to reveal just the top of what's truly hiding down in there...
120ttok.jpg

Here she is what she looks like when she is at the surface :)
xpsgoy.jpg

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
What I nice smooth Leo! Looks like she's having an identity crisis.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
How cuuute! I would have a heart attack if one of my sulcatas burrowed and just up and disappeared one day [FLUSHED FACE]

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Barista5261 said:
I would have a heart attack if one of my sulcatas burrowed and just up and disappeared one day

I sure did the first time! Now, I expect it but I still search for her spot every night. Sometimes it takes my husband called in as back up to find her. But every single morning she is at the basking rock warming up before I even wake up :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well Heather, you know,what this means, don't you? If she burrows when she's bigger, you might as well get a sulcata too:p :D. Same reason I didn't get a sully too.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
wellington said:
Well Heather, you know,what this means, don't you? If she burrows when she's bigger, you might as well get a sulcata too:p :D. Same reason I didn't get a sully too.

^^^. HAHAHAHAHA. That's what I'm thinking too!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mine would always "burrow" down like that in weed and grass thickets outside. The hatchlings would dig all the way into their orchid bark too in their outside sunning enclosure. I'd have to sift through the bark with my fingers to find them. They like being tucked in that way. My adults dig in like that in their grass hay in their night box too.