Emergency !! Need help on Turtle's Condition due to food.

Location (City and/or State)
Chennai
Hi, all,.

On thursday, my care take fed a little bits of chicken fat/intestines/skin not sure but it was like yellow whitish jelly like somthing to my pinkbelly side necks and eastern painted turtles.
On friday i saw the tank was cloudy and bits where circling inside tank, looks like they vomited or not sure. i cleaned very welll and left them back to respective tanks.
again today i see the same condition, cloudy water and bits of those meats he gave.
Turtles are active and fine, today i dint not leave them in tank as i dont want the water to polute and infect the turtles,
So i have kept in bin with little water, incase they vomit again those bits, i dont want to clean the huge tanks.
Please help, is it somthing okay or should give some medication.
Meat is fresh not spoiled.
Previously I myself gave them little bits of nice chicken meat, nothing happend like this,.
But this time it is happening,
Please help with some knowledge!!
After seeing it im not normal, mind is so upset.. for first time im seeing. I have them for 4 years.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi. Sorry for this situation. May we see pictures of your turtles and their setup so we might have some ideas about how best to help? You are already doing well by keeping them clean.

Chennai
Hi. Sorry for this situation. May we see pictures of your turtles and their setup so we might have some ideas about how best to help? You are already doing well by keeping them clean.
Nope i dint take any of those pics, as soon as i saw I just drained whole water and refilled them, and cleaned like brand new as i dont them to sit their and decay.
So, bow i have put the turtels in bin with little water. Just like how we keep while feeding them separately.
Now Iam worried if I did anything harm by giving them chicken fat or chicken intestine.
Cuz they are puking out or defecating that also iam not sure,.
May be ill try to take a pic of those tomorrow.
But Im praying and hope they digeste them completely or puke out everything.
Fingerscrossed.
I feel guilty for this 😞

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would keep them in the tubs until tomorrow and is no puke or whatever it is that's clouding the water happens again and they are still acting fine, then I would say it's safe to put them back. At this point I would just do that and keep an eye on them
Maybe the pieces were too big and they got stuck in throat and they puked them up.
If all seems fine tomorrow I would say it's all over and fine.

Chennai
I would keep them in the tubs until tomorrow and is no puke or whatever it is that's clouding the water happens again and they are still acting fine, then I would say it's safe to put them back. At this point I would just do that and keep an eye on them
Maybe the pieces were too big and they got stuck in throat and they puked them up.
If all seems fine tomorrow I would say it's all over and fine.
Yeah,.. Im waiting for tmorrow so that i visit them and hopefully they should be fine. I want to put them back in their homes.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Maybe a change of diet would be a good idea after this is over. Check out what best to feed them in future. I think they are omnivorous, but not sure.