Enclosure help for elongated

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hello everyone,

I have two elongated tortoises and I am having problems with understanding what indoor inclosure and substrate is best for them.

I understand that they like darkness and humidity but I am not sure whether they should be kept in a vivarium or tortoise table. Please can someone let me know what is best for them?

They are currently in a vivarium but they don't seem happy. I live in England so the temperatures are lower than other places, however, my home is never cold.

I have considered buying a tortoise table and having a humidity box at one end and a darkness shelter at the other, with the heat lamps/mats in the middle.

I have never had this breed of tortoise before and they were given to me as "marginated" so unfortunately, I have very little knowledge on them.

Any help/information on these beautiful creatures is greatly appreciated!!

Jess :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If they are still little do a closed chamber. If they are adults then a table is fine. I would cover part/half of the table to help give a more humid area then just a hide. Adults do like it cooler then babies can have it l and not bright. Make the coveted end the warmer end and the uncovered end the cooler end. I would also make the covered end the darker end.

N

no one

And don't keep your substrate to wet. I use coco coir for Turt. They love to hide in plants. I have some leaves branches on the back of my enclosure hanging down. Turt loves to sit under the leaves with his head sticking out. Just watching, uhm... well me mostly.
Oh, and they don't bask that much. So you need a good uvb lamp. I have a uvb tube.
They like it cooler then say, Indian Star Tortoises.