Enclosure idea for humidity?

maskedburito

Location (City and/or State)
Midland
I cannot for the life of me keep up humidity in my tortoise tub, young red foot. I have a large tub. I was thinking of putting it inside this mini greenhouse plastic with a humidifier in my basement. I live in Canada so outside isn’t always viable.

This way the tub fits inside, with a humidifier and I can walk inside, more convenient . I’d not use shelf’s. Just on the ground. What do you all think?

IMG_5492.jpg

xMario

Germany
I use a plastic greenhouse to
And I think it's a cheap and easy fix for getting humidity

You can also google or search amazon for grow tents basically the same but u have already a floor

I cannot for the life of me keep up humidity in my tortoise tub, young red foot. I have a large tub. I was thinking of putting it inside this mini greenhouse plastic with a humidifier in my basement. I live in Canada so outside isn’t always viable.

This way the tub fits inside, with a humidifier and I can walk inside, more convenient . I’d not use shelf’s. Just on the ground. What do you all think?

View attachment 278136
20190712_080908.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

View attachment 278136
It would be much easier to just figure out a way to cover the enclosure, rather than fit it inside a greenhouse.

maskedburito

Midland
I’ve tried have plexiglass over half but the other half is where the lamp is and not covered yet not even close to humid enough. House is dry and that che kills humidity

DJ Kirk

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I have a open table that I built myself to be like a piece of art furniture in the side of our family room. I live in southern Ontario. I bought a BetaZero fogger and having it go off 5 times a day at 7am, 12pm, 5pm, 10pm, 2am for 60 min each seems to keep the table between 70-80% humidity. I have to fill the reservoir every 2 days. My table has 7" sides with a further 7" of frosted glass on top of the wood. The fogger also actually helps our home as it is quite dry with the A/C or furnace run so the extra humidity helps us as well as the tortoise. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get the humidity high enough but it seems to be working without the need for a plastic tent.