Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sheila:

That's great! Lots of room for the little guy to roam and get exercise. Do you have a humid hide for him (I'm a little worried about the dry aspen substrate and pyramiding).

sheilaamistone1974

5 Year Member
yvonne: good question! at the far end of the pool their is a orange box and to your right, is another box. both are humid hides. problem is that he refuses to use them. when i put him in the hide, he rushes back out. I make sure not to miss a day of soaks, and his pee looks realy good with no white in his urine. today I went to walmarts to buy stuff to make 2 new humid hide boxes to see if he likes these new ones better. I don't know what else to try. aspen is the only bedding that doesn't bother my husband or myself. with soil, pokey digs a hole and then flipps himself over onto his back and can't flip back over.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
That's all you can do. At least he has the option, that is the important thing. They are remarkably good (usually) at knowing what they need, so the soaks may be enough. You can mist the plants too.

Another option is to put a line of large stones as a divider, and put organic topsoil on one side, aspen on the other.

Don't worry, this won't be the first time he WILL NOT use something you made for him that seems really cool ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.