Enclosure updates

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Removed everything and churned up the substrate. Added a bag of coconut coir. Mixed it all up and pressed it back into place. Added some new moss, some fake plants, added cypress mulch in one section. Going to add a new humid hide tomorrow. I'll add another picture after it's complete.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388898750.837357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Everyone else's Rubbermaid enclosures always looks so pretty! When I used a Rubbermaid when my boxie was little, it never looked this good!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Added the new hide. It's big. I may have asked this before, can't remember, but should the humid hide be under the mvb to keep it warm enough?
I'm not sure the CHE is going to be enough to penetrate it and keep the inside warm enough? I'm not sure so I put the probe of a digital thermometer inside in the hide and under some moist moss to get a decent gage of temp.
Would it be a bad idea to get one of those little bitty under tank heaters and put it under the enclosure, under the humid hide? I have 6+ inches of substrate to disperse heat, if that matters. I just want it nice and cozy in there. Thoughts? Ideas?
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388970830.823547.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388970853.815055.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1388970875.890121.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Yeah, it's what I got for a humid hide. It seems really big now but I'm sure they will outgrow it before I know it LOL.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I have that cave! It's the first hide (out of 4) that Littlefoot actually likes. He loves climbing on top too.