Endive for Russian tortise

JenniferG

Location (City and/or State)
Fruita CO
I have recently got a 4 year old Russian tortise. My problem is I can't find endive or Escarole anywhere here. I feed him Kale, Dandelion leaves, Radicchio, collard greens, mustard greens. I top with flower topper. He doent touch tortise pellets. I don't know how to find endive or Escarole. It his diet ok without them?

Attachments

• 20240821_114701.jpg
    20240821_114701.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240820_131828.jpg
    20240820_131828.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome! They’re good to add as part of a variety but don’t worry if you can’t find them all the time, check out this thread I made, there’s a link towards the end that might come in handy for some diet ideas🙂

Don’t suppose you’d mind adding a photo of his enclosure? Nice to see with new members🥰

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Dandelion and radicchio are both close relatives to endive and escarole. You're fine with what you have!

Keep your eye out for the others but don't fuss if you can't find them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Except kale, collards and mustard should not be fed daily, only in moderation even endive. That's why it's important to feed as wide a variety as possible so one thing isn't used more than it should be
To make it easier maybe. Feed one item daily, making it different each day.. Try to seperate the moderation items with safer to feed daily items.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
He is beautiful. Please don't let him roam the floor of your house, it's dangerous for tortoises, even deadly.