Escape artist

manasplace

uploadfromtaptalk1433567211345.jpg I have an escape artist on my hands the space is not big enough for her to get out but when she does get up there she gets stuck I'm worried if she tries when no one is home to save her any suggestions

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Why not just add bars in between the ones you already have? She is trying to escape because she can see the way out (or way stuck as far as she knows).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Judging from the way the paint's scraped in that spot HE has been working on that spot for a while. Just tack up a piece of cardboard along there so he can't see out. If you can figure out a way to place a cap (a horizontal piece of something) in the corner, that will inhibit the climbing there too.

manasplace

Okay thanks everyone we sexed her and she doesn't have the nail on the end of her tail so her female right? And we did get her from a yard sale they said she is about 10 years old they built the cage its very odd how they did it I noticed scratch marks other places too

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
Okay thanks everyone we sexed her and she doesn't have the nail on the end of her tail so her female right? And we did get her from a yard sale they said she is about 10 years old they built the cage its very odd how they did it I noticed scratch marks other places too
can we see a pic of "her" tail?

manasplace

uploadfromtaptalk1433623218159.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433623231902.jpg here are pics
I'm thinking with the sides to get plexiglass that she can't see through to finish off the bottom of the sides and move the bottom plexiglass to the top and finish off with the same as the others