Ever see the you tube video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
SOOOOO my husband and kids and I love comics!!! My hubs used to write for toy fair magazine and he reviews toys before there released to the public. My daughter was on the back of a comic... In other words we love comics exc. me of course who loves tortoises hahah... Well the news is coming to our house to interview us. Our BFF owns a comic book store and recommended us to the news and There doing a story asking if people still read comics... Of course our house is a mess having 6 kids and I'm a wreck trying to get it clean by next tue... Besides that I'm the loud talky one of the family and it gets worse when I'm nervous... All I keep thinking about it that boy on the you tube video panning to him dressed like Frankenstein and saying "I like turtles" that will be me hahaha!!!! I think I will see if I can make little super hero outfits for my new tort babies coming next week hahah! I'll try to post the YouTube video below lol!!!

This is the video I'm talking about ahahhaha the remix version hahaha please check it out!!!!!!!!! Too funny

Awww man it won't let me post the link :-( you can go to you tube dot come (again wont let me even post websites) then search I like turtles and there is a boy dressed like a zombie... That would be me at the interview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NscTj38iaHk&sns=em[hr]
Oh yeah GOT IT!! That's the link!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
OMG I loved toy fair, read it for years.

I saw that clip on tosh.o

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Awesome!! Are you a toy collecter too?? My hubs fav are Mcfarland (movie maniacs and torcherd souls) and Muppets haha!! He is good friends with ken Lilly who makes the muppets. Sence we have had so many kiddies his writing and reviews have slowed way down :-( but this family certainly knows and loves it's toys.... And "tortoises" hahahahaha!!! Perhaps we were made to be Bff's!!! Hahahahaha!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know toy fair. But I want to see your torts in their little super hero outfits. Good Luck, don't trip over yourself to much:p As they say for good luck "Break A Leg" Never understood how that was for good luck:D

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Hahahahaha thanks!! Aww maybe I'll make a spiderman mask and a wonder women cape and then a Viking hat for Thor hahaha

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Yes I used to collect action figures, though to be honest I have not bought any in quite a few years.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Very funny!!! What were your Favorites? Tom hasn't bought any anymore eaither. I feel bad because that's his thing and he works so hard for all of us... BUT every holiday or he just needs a "special" I go out and buy him some haha!! So he isn't that deprived, besides, with 6 kids were never lacking in the toy department lol!!!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I liked star wars of course, mc farlane made a lot of cool figures, plus I usually bought any movie related ones that looked cool, I got the austin power line which was very nicely done. I stopped mainly because the quality of them both in terms of craftsmanship and just ones I like dropped greatly. They have produced a lot of junk in the past few years.

Brittany6

5 Year Member
Very cool!!!!! I AGREE!!! TOm said the same thing... I think they stopped the torched souls and a lot of them don't have many points of articulation and are not heavy and sturdy like they were... You used to be able to pose then in nearly anyway possible and they were heavy and would stand nicely. Now you can barely move them and there so flimsy, light and fall over easy!!! :-/ so once your toys went on the back burner you decided to go tort crazy? Or did the torts come before the toys? I would like to see a GI joe or Jetti
Ride a sullie!!! Maybe that photo shoot will be in my near future haha

P.s. not sure of you like the Gremlins (from the movie) but those figures are out and there made awesome, the paint jobs incredible and there super heavy! The detail is sooooo good! They look real!

Status
Not open for further replies.