Video Link, Tort Noise

LittleBit

Location (City and/or State)
Louisville
Okay, I want to put a link in here. At about 8 minutes in thru 9 minutes Little Bit makes a Noise. I don't know what that noise is. Any and ALL opinions would be appreciated.

Beginning of the video was requested to show housing etc. Again Any and ALL opinions on habitat is appreciated GREATLY!

Please excuse my living room, my eldest is 19 and he is moving out, stealing my living room furniture, so it's covered in boxes.

I hope it lets me link the video when I post it. haha

LittleBit

Louisville
As a newbie, I am so amazed at the tortoise community. Before this one was dropped in my front fence, I really had no idea. As in life without tortoises has been my 38yr experience.. It's overwhelming but in a good way that so many people know about this creature. I unfortunately don't know anything about what I am doing.

Helyun

Deland Fl
I heard her noise. I think she's making the sounds with her throat. I think she just wants out of the water. You have a very kool set up. I'm so surprised she doesn't try to get out of your yard. I'm preparing my yard now for when my 2 are ready to move outside this coming summer. I live in central florida, and the weather has cooled off, so time for me to get to work. Lolol

LittleBit

Louisville
I would probably get yelled at in this forum BUT I actually took two 45" round kid wadding pools and attached them together. One as the floor, one as the roof. I cut a small hole in the roof part for the heat lamp, so when she soaks it gets humid. But she only soaks once every 2 weeks or so for 15 minutes.

On such short notice it was my best idea for the indoor soaking as I don't have ANY sinks big enough for her.

LittleBit

Louisville
I've never had a small one, they do very beautiful. Mine came as a giant. They grow fast though, she's 22in now, and can't turn around in my tub, haha

Helyun

Deland Fl
Oh boy. God Bless You. Luke and Snowflake were given to me by a client's daughter, she has 2 breeding pairs. I have been taking care of for elderly for the last 36 yrs. I would take my guy out back to sit on the deck when the weather was nice, and I would play with their sulcata's. So, as i was leaving to go home, she said, " you really like my tortoises, would you like one," and opened get hands to reveal the tiniest tortoise I have ever seen. I was so excited, then she showed off I would like 2, so they wouldn't be lonely, and took me to the baby room where the were about 30 more. She let me pick one. That was nearly one year ago. I had NO idea what I was getting myself into. I asked her what they eat, she opened her fridge and pulled out a thing of spring mix. She said, just give them a bit of this once a day, you can keep them in a rubbermaid container, just get a heat source. After a couple of weeks I realized things didn't seem right, so I started googling sulcata's. I was doing EVERYTHING wrong. They were starting to dome. So I started buying organic greens, then I find out I was giving them spinach and other greens they'r not supposed to have. Do I started searching for more information, found this site, they have saved my babies.

Attachments

• 20181118_094607.jpg
    20181118_094607.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20181118_094616.jpg
    20181118_094616.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 12

LittleBit

Louisville
Owe my gosh they are so small, I've never been upclose to a small one, haha. Just the bigger ones that push you around when you don't obey, haha

LittleBit

Louisville
SO CUTE! Not to sound stupid, but do they have personality at that age? The tort staying with me has a one track mind, mainly it's "get out of my way" and "when can I go outside" haha