Squeaking noise

Tortoise Pierre

Location (City and/or State)
Dana Point
Hi guys,

so my sulcata has been making this noise since I got him about 8 months ago. I finally caught it on tape, and I have taken him to a vet recently who said he looks extremely healthy.
Normally, his soaks are in a nice big kiddie pool, but I wanted to capture the sound and there was construction outside.

Any idea why he makes this sound?

: this is the link to the video since I could not post it directly.

Tortoise Pierre

Dana Point
No, not at all. He hasn't ever either. His temperatures are all consistent with Tom's. Though even a little warmer right now because of the weather.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I don't know anything about sulcatas, but I think that little quacking noise is ADORABLE!!!
I do not mean to make light of your concerns- I am very glad the vet says he's healthy. :)

Zeko

5 Year Member
Mine makes the same sound. It's usually when he starts getting mad he is being bathed.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Because my sulcata is no longer a baby :p the few times she HAS made noise has sounded like a large dog growling :D

nootnootbu

USA
One of the three I just got makes this sound, but only when soaking, and occasionally right after I return them to the cage after soaking. They are also the most outgoing and relaxed of the 3, they do not hide in their shell when handled at all, and I have observed from the side that their little neck puffs out when they make this sound, almost like a frog croaking.

Guts

Tennessee
Mine makes a similar noise when he pulls his head in during a soak, I always assumed it was just like how people can make a farting sound with their hands if that makes sense.