excited (getting a tort table)

Prairie Mom

Foil keeps watee away you tape ot together please tell me more
I'm uncertain if I understood you, so feel free to correct me if I mistake anything. :) It's true that water will drip down the sides of foil, but as long as the humid air stays in and nothing catches on fire--all good things:) I'm not saying foil is the best alternative, it's certainly NOT the prettiest, and I'm sure your set up will be far superior than mine was. If you're asking about my taped Tupperware...Our tortoise was abandoned outside and no one claimed her. We had not planned to purchase a sulcata and had to quickly make housing for her. In fact, our local animal rescues still have our info, but we are thrilled no one is looking for her. We've fallen in love:) Anyway, I used GIANT garage storage-type Tupperware tubs. I cut the ends off the 3 tupperware and duct-taped them together. I kept the lids on several of the Tupperware and the side that had the heat lamps and UVB I covered completely with tin foil (covered the light fixtures and everything). It was a crude set up and hideously ugly to look at, but was a good start to beginning to provide the right temps etc. I still struggled a bit to keep up a sulcata's demands for high heat and extremely high humidity. I also had to be really careful that the heat didn't scortch any of the plastic. Wood is MUCH better and I'm sure you will be thrilled with your new enclosure. I look forward to seeing your work:)

phebe121

I just hope i do it right i want to buy some pansies for it and there will be spider plants ans wandering jew and grass in there rocks and a cuple patio bricks i need a better hide they out grew the one i have and get stuck in it lol

phebe121

I hope so its not therr choice there my pet so i have to make it wounderful