Expert help please

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I'm sorry you're dealing with this stupidity.

For a park, it looks like you have a very nice location that backs onto woods? At least it looks like that in the photos. I don't see any possible way that these critters can be blamed on you, given what they feed on. The park should be responsible for trapping and removing them since they are clearly overpopulated there. I've never seen an entire family of skunks at one time!

Too bad you're not in Florida, or any nearby state. I'd encourage you to buy a piece of land and let us move that home for you at the family and friends rate. We own a mobile home moving company with three toter trucks, small business but we are very, very busy. We are licensed to set up, but only do that for friends now due to the lack of people that actually want to WORK.

I do have a question - what are you using for skirting that keeps Mary in? We got a freebie double wide and set it up here on our property for one of our sons. I've been looking it more creative solutions to skirt it, than the stuff that gets torn up by weed eaters.
I have regular skirting...but it's about to be replaced with lattice when they fix the front stairs...and you are correct...skunks don't eat RoS or grape leaves

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Well the 5 Skunks were a family that would disperse when grown up so she was just raising them under your shelter(house). I'm surprised there were possums too in the same space. What an uninvited menagerie! Wonder what is under the neighborhoods houses. I'm sure you're not alone. And wish you all the best with this crummy problem.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
I'm sorry you're dealing with this stupidity.

For a park, it looks like you have a very nice location that backs onto woods? At least it looks like that in the photos. I don't see any possible way that these critters can be blamed on you, given what they feed on. The park should be responsible for trapping and removing them since they are clearly overpopulated there. I've never seen an entire family of skunks at one time!

Too bad you're not in Florida, or any nearby state. I'd encourage you to buy a piece of land and let us move that home for you at the family and friends rate. We own a mobile home moving company with three toter trucks, small business but we are very, very busy. We are licensed to set up, but only do that for friends now due to the lack of people that actually want to WORK.

I do have a question - what are you using for skirting that keeps Mary in? We got a freebie double wide and set it up here on our property for one of our sons. I've been looking it more creative solutions to skirt it, than the stuff that gets torn up by weed eaters.
Cement construction blocks.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Cement construction blocks.
I have regular skirting...but it's about to be replaced with lattice when they fix the front stairs...and you are correct...skunks don't eat RoS or grape leaves
Oh hell...The skirting in my manufactured home is the kind that weed eaters kill...Mary Knobbins, as quoted by William Lee Kohler...cinder block100_2634.JPGMary lives in a 20'x12' heated and insulated tort shed, sometimes she shares, there's a tort table and another space on the floor. You see a solid cedar fence protecting a few smaller pens and my gardens. 100_1891.JPG
The blocks you see here surround the box turtle pond...mostly from Mary. She likes to knock over the blocks and then swims with the box turtles...lol100_5049.JPG100_5048.JPG

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
HOA/ park management are basically dumb DMV type of people who enjoy abusing their “authority “
The problem is neither the critters nor your tortoise .
I suggest have your friends taking care of your tortoise for a while , tell the management you already get rid of them . After they done inspection and forget about this issue , then bring your pet back