Extension cords

Franco F

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York, New York
Does anyone recommend a quality extension cord? I currently have one of those Zoo Med Terrarium Controller power strips, but it is too short in length and I am beginning to grow tired of looking the eyesore that I've created with the wiring. I'd like to have all my cables and wires tucked away and out of sight for something neater and safer.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lol, good luck. I have extensions cords, bungee cords and rope all hanging. All this and I even had my shed built with outlets on the ceiling and upper walls and still need all the other stuff.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I buy cords of the largest gauge they sell. For example a 22 gauge is very small wire, while a 14 gauge is large wire. I've been using extension cords to bring electricity to my outdoor sheds for quite a long time, and haven't encountered any problems (fingers crossed).

Bambam1989

East Texas
This is what I do.
Walk up to my husband with big puppy eyes and ask for an extension cord. Like magic, I have a cord the next day. It won't work without the pitiful eyes.
Lol I do agree with Yvonne.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
About the only way your going to get something long enough with enough outlets on it is to buy one of the electrical strips and see if you can find a electrician friend and wire it with a longer cord.

Franco F

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New York, New York
I found some good cords and was able to spruce up the area a bit. It's definitely neater :)