Extra scute tortoise

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
I'm in the need of a tortoise with an extra scute or hemi-scute in the middle of shell. There is a pediatric spinal deformity conference I am going to and I want to show off a tortoise that looks like it has scoliosis. I had the attached ebt that I was going to bring, but it died today in a freak accident. Tank fell off the shelf and it was crushed. Such a huge bummer.

If anyone has a tortoise similar to the attached one. Please contact me. [email protected]. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413425759.775835.jpg

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I am so sorry, how terrible. It's amazing how they can be so tough and so fragile at the same time. I hope you're able to find a tortoise that you need.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
Yeah. It stinks. I also lost a 1 year old Russian and a 3 month old Russian in the accident. Shelf just collapsed and everything got smashed. I'm pretty bummed.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I'm curious about the conference you refer to..is it a human or tortoise event?

I've got splits very similar to the one in your pic. Eastern box turtles and Redfoots both. However, not willing to sell them!

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
Human event. It's called harms study group. It is a research based conference that helps find a "cure" for kids with spinal deformities.