Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belleville, IL
I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but Kurma's eyes are worrying me.
Do they look ok?

Here's some pictures:

He's been getting coconut coir in his face a lot lately, can that be bad for him?

Attachments

• DSC_0445.JPG
    DSC_0445.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0440.JPG
    DSC_0440.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0439.JPG
    DSC_0439.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 39

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
What about the eyes are concerning you? I see open...clear eyes...no swelling not dry? Perhaps I just am not seeing what is concerning you?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Ok so I went back and looked at the original pic you posted....I enlarged as much as I could and while I do not see the eyes more swollen now than before....I did see that your little one did come to you in less than stellar condition (although cute as all get out)....and it would seem to me that you may have had him near or little less than 6stellar months? If that is correct and taking into account his condition coming to you....it certainly would not hurt to add foods that are calcium rich and vitamin a rich....also a bit of avocado and squash are a good food for eye health improvement...also as much out door natural sun time in addition to your MVB....I would even say that if you gave a baby food soak once ir twice a week for a month or so certainly would do no harm....in addition to regular daily warm water soaks....

Very pretty colors on your tort and a sweet face....:D

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
Thank you very much! I will try the avocado or squash :)

Yes I got him in less than stellar condition but he's doing 1000% better and has grown and put on weight. I've just started taking him outside for 20-30 min at a time and he's getting the hang of grazing :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I went and looked at your introductory post as well. I think Angela's response was perfect, so I really don't have much to add other than you've really done a great job providing a better environment and I'm sure with the MVB and added outdoor excursions, he will continue to improve. The eyes look fine to me. Just keep getting him out in that sunshine and supplementing his indoor feedings with calcium.

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
Redstrike said:
I went and looked at your introductory post as well. I think Angela's response was perfect, so I really don't have much to add other than you've really done a great job providing a better environment and I'm sure with the MVB and added outdoor excursions, he will continue to improve. The eyes look fine to me. Just keep getting him out in that sunshine and supplementing his indoor feedings with calcium.

Thank you :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am one of the most patient impatient people there is....lol....and the time I have spent with tortoise in my care has taught me that their recovery time can equate to feeling like forever...but once I learned to just take a breath and make sure I go down my checklists then I can hurry up and wait for them to recover or get to a healthy/healthier place....then before you know it you are no longer waiting but are rather just enjoying their progress.....

You will do just fine....be diligent in your husbandry to assure the basics are met and then leave it up to the tort to do their part.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.