Farewell Gaia

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Well today I face the face that Gaia is gone. It’s been several weeks now and she has not been sited in our small, wall/gated community.
she has gone walkabout several times since moving here 6 years ago, escape artist that she is. So the residents are always keeping an eye out fo her. This last time there was even some local betting on who would spot her 1st…. No one has won yet…😒

our next door neighbor reported hearing someon say “it’s over here” the night she is suspected of going missing… all hearsay but still she has not shone her pretty little face… if she was taken, I hope they aleast know how to care for her.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Well today I face the face that Gaia is gone. It’s been several weeks now and she has not been sited in our small, wall/gated community.
she has gone walkabout several times since moving here 6 years ago, escape artist that she is. So the residents are always keeping an eye out fo her. This last time there was even some local betting on who would spot her 1st…. No one has won yet…😒

our next door neighbor reported hearing someon say “it’s over here” the night she is suspected of going missing… all hearsay but still she has not shone her pretty little face… if she was taken, I hope they aleast know how to care for her.
Oh, I am so sorry. I really know how you feel because I'm trying to work through a similar situation. He isn't my tortoise, but he belongs to my best friend.

I grieve with you...the "not knowing" is agonizing.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'm so bummed to read this. I'm so sorry.

I highly recommend security cameras to everyone that keeps animals outside. Your neighbor hearing "it's over here" fits right in with my biggest nightmare: a planned theft by someone who knows it's there.
Everyone on my street knows that my entire property is under surveillance. I point out the cameras and I casually joke that if any of them ever thought of breaking into my yard to steal the critters, I'd have the evidence, so don't even bother.
I know cameras aren't guaranteed to stop someone. But I'd rather have it, than not. AND when people know it's there, it does create a deterrent.