Fav box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmitch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Reno nv
When I was young I had three boxier a three toed, eastern, and ornate my three toed female was my fav had big brown eyes was always happy to see me and was so sweet. My eastern male wasn't shy either and friendly but my ornate was very aggressive always wanted to bite me anyone else have experience having a really sweet three toed boxie I'd love to get another one.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For personality, my favorite is the Terrapene carolina triunguis (3-toe). But for sheer beauty, in my book, the T.c.bauri (Florida) wins hands down.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Easterns, easterns, easterns! Anything others can do, easterns can do better!

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
If you want to go sheer personality it's Three toed all the way. Even though they do not have the dramatic color differences, I think Three toed are beautiful.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I personally love my ornates but have always wanted a three toeds. The ornates are hard to take care of, they are tempermental and are always seeming to think the grass is greener complex, having said that, I love my ornates. They are so personable and once they get used to you are hilarious to watch and completely adorable.:)

gossmom

5 Year Member
Georgia
I love ornate she has a very feisty personality. I haven't had my three toe babies long enough to get to know their personalities. My Easters are beautiful with a more laid back personality

I meant easterns. I hate spell check . Disregard any other spelling errors please

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
I think box turtles (Terrapene species) are the most beautiful chelonians in the world. They have amazing colors, and many wonderful qualities, too. All the different species and subspecies are gorgeous, but I think the eastern boxie (T. carolina carolina) is the most spectacular, simply because it tends to be the most colorful.

As for my favorite, that would probably be the three-toed boxie, because that's the kind I used to keep. My friend also has an ornate boxie, so I love that type, too. :)

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Three toed Box turtles, Terrapene carolina triunguis, are not colourful at all, but they have great personalities.

I love my girls.

turtleluv88

5 Year Member
I have both three-toed and easterns. I couldn't really choose between the two types. They all have wonderful personalities. Although I have to say that my males are always more fun to watch and seem to be more curious of me. My females spend a whole lot of time under the dirt, while the males tend to never hide.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
fbsmith3 said:
Three toed Box turtles, Terrapene carolina triunguis, are not colourful at all

Not true. I had a male three-toed who was gorgeous - almost as colorful as an eastern. And even those with drab shells still have awesome colors on their skin and scales.

but they have great personalities.

I love my girls.

True that. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I never met a box turtle that I didn't like. I think they all have wonderful personalities, but my GC has the most outgoing personality, and I have Eastern's and Three Toed's but only one GC. I don't think I have ever gone outside that she didn't give me a laugh. This is the second year that she is showing aggression towards strangers. If someone she doesn't know come's into the garden, she will try to intimidate them by opening her mouth wide and charging, but stops if she gets too close. She is just hilarious. The others don't seem to care who you are as long as you have a fig or a worm for them.
Last Summer
041-16.jpg

This Summer
022-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.