Favorite Snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquarioguppy

5 Year Member
I don't Know the english name of my favorite species but the scientifique name.

1 - Morelia Kinghorni
2 - Antaresia sp.
3 - Morelia viridis

I prefere australien species !
But some other species what beautiful like a Bitis gabonica !

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Cowboy_Ken said:
Alabama!?! Have you ever been lucky enough to see a wild one?

No, but I know a couple folks who have. Our herp society is going out next weekend in an area where they've been sighted. I'm hopeful, along with seeing an EDB.

EKLC

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
Ringneck snakes.

Came in to post this

I used to love finding them as a kid. Don't see them much anymore, might be the doing of armadillos

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
1. King cobra, its on my bucket list to go to indoneasia and catch a wild one by hand
2.Gaboon
3.Green anaconda
4.Coastal rattlesnake coolest looking rattler out their

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
waterboy said:
1. King cobra, its on my bucket list to go to indoneasia and catch a wild one by hand

That's just crazy talk man... There are easier ways to commit suicide. :p

manda88

5 Year Member
Surrey, UK
I'm afraid I'm another one of those corn snake lovers ;) they'll always be my favourite! I love western hognoses too, their stubby faces make me laugh. Venomous snakes are absolutely fascinating, but I would never in a million years want to own one, I'd be terrified of making a mistake with it.

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
Oh geez....this one is hard for me.....

In no particular order

BLOODS!!!!
Javan Mud Snake
Hognose
False Water Cobras
Argentine Boas
Pine Snake

I'm going to stop there, mainly because I <3 90% of the snakes out there. :D

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Monocled cobras (saw a leucistic one at a zoo and I was hooked on sight), many banded kraits, and of course, the king. :D

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
For whatever reason i've never been big on venomous snakes. I do like rattlesnakes but not enough to own one.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Favorite of anything is impossible....Black mamba, iridescent shield-tail, vine snake, blue racer are all up there....Mang-shaan pit viper might be my favorite. My uncle had one a while ago...Just stunning.....Javan mud snake. Now that I learned the secret to get them to acclimate and eat, I might have to get one :).

amberrose

5 Year Member
Omaha, NE
I love the majestic appearance of the Green Tree Python (I have a juvie). Red Tail Boas are wonderful too with a great temperament. My big boy is 15 years old and 9ft. A giant big baby.2012-07-22_00-22-59_850(1).jpg.facebook_-1479374155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I saw a King Cobra in the wild in Viet Nam about 20 feet away, and I really wasn't inclined to go near him. With the hood spread, his head was about 4 feet off the ground. We figured he was 15 - 16 feet long. Body diameter, about 6 to 8".
waterboy said:
2.Gaboon
3.Green anaconda
4.Coastal rattlesnake coolest looking rattler out their

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Well seeing as I have always been one to catch snakes as a child and release them, I have a special place in my heart for King Snakes. From the little brown one's I'd often find, to the huge Eastern King that I have seen a few times and hope to own one.
Also my boyfriend owns a Cali King who is a Nitidia morph (Black with a nice yellow stripe down his spine I can post pics if anyone's interested) And he is the best beginner snake ever. Eats like a charm. Though he bit me on my sun burnt shoulder yesterday and chomped the crap out of Ty's finger. Hardly felt a thing XD.

Kingsnakes. I love the feisty attitudes and the beautiful colors.
Eastern King (Want to own one someday)
(Let's all groan together) Ball Pythons. Overall the most Docile snakes I have met, One we tried to rescue would let you do whatever you wanted to him. poor guy. Though if Pollen took a chomp at me, I'd be more concerned with her bite than Aries' XD
Reticulated Python. (HUGE beauties)
On to the Hot snakes
Diamondback Rattler. Like Steve Irwin, I believe these snakes have a bad rep, and I think they are beautifully dangerous in their appearance.
King Cobra. Very long, majestic snake.
And the Green Mamba. Always my favorite to watch in the Zoo. Beautiful, long, and active.

Status
Not open for further replies.