feeding sulcata ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeff

5 Year Member
I got all kinds of plants growing I got from 4 dif sites the one from carolinapetsupply.com had the most diff stuff in it
the prob I have is that my sulcata fred wont eat grass he eats the flowers loves the clovers hell eat anything but the grasses he loves mazuri not so much zoo med but if I mix the 2 together he eats it but if I mix it with the grasses to get him to eat it he justs digs what he wants
I don't get him much of the mazuri or zoo med for cause he has everything growing in his cage but he has almost eaten all the clovers and flowers

any ideas on how to get him to eat more grasses

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you chopping the grass up small and mixing it in? Do that, then as he does eat it, do less and less of the Mazuri? and more of the grass and also make the grass less chopped up as he starts getting used to it.

jpeff

5 Year Member
tried chopping it up he just digs though it when hes outside he don't eat the grass just walks around looking for clovers should I just take all the cloves out and just leave the grasses in his house when he is outside hell walk forever to get to clovers he don't care if its the flower of the clover or the leaves been mixing mazuri and zoo med mash with his grasses only reason I use zoo med with mazuri cause its higher in fiber then mazuri

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
How old is your sully?

I read over and over that they will turn to eating grass and hay as they grow older/larger.

Sent from my TFOapp

jpeff

5 Year Member
don't know age hes 3 3/4 inches u cant till where the yolk was just got him a few days ago
ive read about them for awhile and so far only mistake I did that I know of was used a red heat light when I first got him for few hours

I didn't want to use any store bought food so 4 weeks before I got him I ordered sulcata mix seed pack form 4 dif places but if fed had to choose it would be clovers and a mazuri and zoo med mix maybe where I got him that all they feed him was mazuri so I guess my goal is get him off the mazuri
but if it aint green and got color he eats it

Status
Not open for further replies.