Feeding

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
So I was feeding my sully bok choy , collard greens & kale when I finally was able to find some Timothy hay and Bermuda grass in my area . I tried switching to the grass and hay Nd it seems like he refuses to eat it . I even bought the tortoise salad dressing to dress the grass in to see if he would like it & he still favors the leafy greens . Any suggestions to get my lil guy to start eating the grass ? Thanks !

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Babies don't seem to go for grass and especially hay. I introduced grass to my sulcata's diet by cutting it up and adding it to the greens he was used to eating. Cut it up very fine and wet it slightly so it sticks to the green leafy foods. Gradually add more grass until he acquires a taste. It make take weeks or even months. Essentially, I did the same thing with hay, Except with hay, I added it to Mazuri. My sulcata is 3 1/2 years old now and he won't eat hay alone regularly. Too much fresh green foods for him to eat. I do add it to grass and weeds that he does eat.

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Dizisdalife said:
Babies don't seem to go for grass and especially hay. I introduced grass to my sulcata's diet by cutting it up and adding it to the greens he was used to eating. Cut it up very fine and wet it slightly so it sticks to the green leafy foods. Gradually add more grass until he acquires a taste. It make take weeks or even months. Essentially, I did the same thing with hay, Except with hay, I added it to Mazuri. My sulcata is 3 1/2 years old now and he won't eat hay alone regularly. Too much fresh green foods for him to eat. I do add it to grass and weeds that he does eat.

Thank you that's a good idea !