Feeding

Darwin_T

5 Year Member
Hi everyone.
I was wondering today how often I should feed my tort. He is a Greek. I'm not 100 percent sure his age but he is definitely young. No more than 2 years, probably less. I currently feed him once a day, sometime in the evening.

Darwin_T

5 Year Member
This is a continuation of the post.

Is this enough? Is this a bad time to feed him?

PS very rarely I will forget to feed him so he will go around 24 or a few more hours without food. Is this really bad? How long can he go without food?
Thanks a lot

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
If he's 2 years old then every other day is what I would feed. Whatever he eats in about 15-20 mins

M

Maggie Cummings

They can go a long time without food, but that does not mean they should. Also, in the wild after they warm up they look for food. I personally feed my animals first thing in the morning. I feed those under a year twice a day, and the older ones daily. I believe most tortoises should be fed everyday, especially if they are still growing, I do not skip a day for torts, but I feed my box turtles every other day.

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix AZ aria
Hello, I would not skip days for feeding even though they can go a week without food. I usually put out the food sometime before noon and let them snack on it as they like. I don't think feeding times matter much but I would recommend morning.