Female Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
I am happy to report, that a sweet female Testudo gr.ibera arrived safe and sounds and wriggling via UPS after her trip from El Centro Calif.
The box was packed beautifully with peanuts and styrofoam walls and top, she was in a muslin bag held closed with a plastic tie. Inside the box was a heat pack. It was nice and warm in there!
She was wriggling about as I was setting her free.
She immediately went into a 75 degree soak for 30 minutes then dined on fresh picked plantain and hawksbit. She was not interested in opuntia though. Guess I'll be weed picking a lot!

The girl came from VicTORT. Vic from El Centro. He was so helpful and truly was diligent in his handling of the transaction. I highly recommend him.

I have not taken photos yet as I want her to settle in for a while and rest up after her trip.

The UPS guy didn't even realize it was a living creature, even though the lllreptile box clearly indicated care and caution, hhhmmm.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics once you've got her settled in...and named?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulation on your new arrival. Glad to here she got to her new home safe and sound. Looking forward to those upcoming pics.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
You sure were prepared for her arrival. A "hot tub" and then a gourmet meal...sounds like she'll be a happy pet indeed.;)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Congats on the new edition. We too got a tortoise from Vic and agree totally. Vic is a fantastic guy with top notch animals. I would not hesitate to get any tort from Vic.

A

ApiAye

I will congratulate you also for you new edition.,I hope I will those or it is ok if I can see some pictures too.,I hope I can see her right away.,

Sudhira

5 Year Member
She hunkered down early, de-stressing from the trip I hope, getting used to her temporary new digs before I place her in a larger enclosure. Gonna go weed picking today! LOL...

Pictures soon, I feel busier than a one armed wall paper hanger though!

Sudhira

5 Year Member
IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

a bit shy...she has a split scute, but thats ok by us

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
She's a beauty! Look at that sweet face!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
What a beautiful girl and her meal looks Yummi :) I am sure she will be more comfortable soon :)

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Thanks folks, I agree, how can one not fall in love with these lovely creatures?

Off I go...busy holidays ahead!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
AAWWWW! Totally beautiful. She looks very calm and contented with her surroundings. Good job!

Hope your "busy holidays" include some stocking stuffers for your little torty princess...like a name, maybe.;)

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Indeed Stephanie, we must sit with her to see what "name" suits her!

Sudhira

5 Year Member
She really loves to eat nasturtium flowers, perhaps we should name her "Fleur" or "Flora", hhhmmm we'll see!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
She really is a beauty and she's lucky to have you caring for her - nice digs!! Congratulations.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Sudhira said:
She really loves to eat nasturtium flowers, perhaps we should name her "Fleur" or "Flora", hhhmmm we'll see!

Hah! When I was trying to think of a name for our third child, I wanted to pick something from my husband's side of the family, but my choices were "Flora", "Viola", "Elmira" and "Bertha". That was how I ended up choosing Emily Margaret!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.