Fennel?

Avuwyy

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool, Merseyside
I’m struggling to find an answer on what part of fennel is fine to feed. I’m doing some grocery shopping and have seen that a few people feed fennel to their tortoises. What part is fed: The leafage on top, the bulb, or all of the plant? (If Fennel is still considered an okay feed. TTT is refusing to load for me right now.)

Thank you in advance :)

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I’m struggling to find an answer on what part of fennel is fine to feed. I’m doing some grocery shopping and have seen that a few people feed fennel to their tortoises. What part is fed: The leafage on top, the bulb, or all of the plant? (If Fennel is still considered an okay feed. TTT is refusing to load for me right now.)

Thank you in advance :)
I believe the leaves are okay in moderation. Not something to feed in a regular diet, but to spice things up

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
What kind of tortoise do you have? I haven't ever offered my Russian the bulb. I don't think a little would be a problem but as she doesn't do more than sniff the leaves these days I can't imagine she'd actually eat it. She doesn't like licorice flavor!

The Tortoise Table's science is considered murky by some, me included; I wouldn't take anything in it as gospel. There is nothing wrong with being cautious; it's just not rock solid stuff.