Fertilizer

Merrick

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
My dad wants to fertilize the lawn where my tortoise is (not in his enclosure around it) I was wondering is their a tortoise safe fertilizer. I did see some thing that said safe for kids and pets which was made of lots of different types on nitrogen

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
You might want to check out some different types of compost tea bags. They may work. Check out the ingredients first though.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
You might want to check out some different types of compost tea bags. They may work. Check out the ingredients first though.
Ask your to look up organic gardening it will tell how compost tea will make the good bactia grow better and make the grass stronger . And chemical fertilizer will kill the good Bactria

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Thanks everyone I will have to fo more rrsearch on the tea compost

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I would not fertilize areas that the tortoise will have access to.

Also be careful because most "fertilizers" nowadays are actually "Weed 'n Feed" mixtures that contain herbicides and or pesticides.

Plain fertilizer will not be harmful once it is all absorbed into the soil, just don't let a tortoise have direct access to the actual fertilizer.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I would not fertilize areas that the tortoise will have access to.

Also be careful because most "fertilizers" nowadays are actually "Weed 'n Feed" mixtures that contain herbicides and or pesticides.

Plain fertilizer will not be harmful once it is all absorbed into the soil, just don't let a tortoise have direct access to the actual fertilizer.
He won't he will just be next to it

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
If in any doubt, don't do it.
Get as much info on the particular product before you buy it and always check the manufacturers claims.
The tea stuff sounds the best idea if that checks out.