Few pond turtle pictures

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I have tortoises and usually post about them, but also have a few turtles, 2 res rescues, 2 razor back musk, 1 stink pot and mexican musk turtle. The pond also has fish and is heated at 75 constant. Live plants help with hiding spots. Also a frog is in there somewhere. The pond is fairly big has a shallow end and a deep end. The filter is just a big bio filter. The water stays pretty clear all year. The plants are small because it's winter. In the spring summer te plants are thick and turtle love it. Here are pictures you can see the red and I took jaws my giant mexican musk out to check on him. He's doing good.

Kyle

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Kyle that look beatiful!! Is that a Wendy filter? My RES devours any plants! It so sad because they're are so beneficial! Can we get a wider view?
I'm not sure the pump I got, but it moves water. I just put it so water fills the 20 gallon trash can, in the Trashcan there is scrubby pads and filter floss. A bucket of gravel the water gets pumped through. It works and does the job.

Kyle

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I'll get more pictures soon. We plan to redo it and improve it in the spring. The water is like a beach. The front is shallow and then it drops down to 2 feet on the deep end. The baby fry stay up by the shallows, and the bigger fish in the deep end. The plants I'm not 100 percent. Water lettuce, duck weed. The tall plants I forgot what they are called but stated with two stocks and idk how many there are now lol. They keep growing and they are like 6 foot tall. I want to get more plants in this spring and maybe other little improvements.

Kyle

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Beautiful pond, Kyle. But catch your mud turtle again and take a look at his left tympanic membrane. It looks like he may have an abscess.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Beautiful!!! :p
I had no idea Mexican musk turtles get so big- he's a WHOPPER!!! (...looks like he's feisty, too!)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Beautiful pond, Kyle. But catch your mud turtle again and take a look at his left tympanic membrane. It looks like he may have an abscess.
Thanks! I'll check him again tomorrow. I didn't see anything when I took him out though.

Kyle

Beautiful!!! :p
I had no idea Mexican musk turtles get so big- he's a WHOPPER!!! (...looks like he's feisty, too!)

He's pretty calm as far as mexican musk go. He's about 9inches maybe a little bigger. He is still growing too. Females can get 14 inches, he may stop before that though.

Kyle