Finally built that enclosure!

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa
Finally, after weeks of postponing it, we finally built it... The people who cut the glass got some of the measurements a little wrong, but it did not really affect the end result too much...

We haven't yet installed the heat lamp and the UVB bulb, my dad will be building another contraption for that, but should be done relatively soon :)
As for the substrate, currently we only have rabbit grass and coco coir, so we put everything inside the enclosure...

It's just the start, but we're finally getting there! The small enclosure you'll see in the images was the first enclosure, and the temporary enclosure we used while our unexpected lizard friend got the slightly bigger one (we plan on upgrading him to something bigger as well, plans are already underway!) :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 25
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 27
  • current lizard enclosure.jpg
    current lizard enclosure.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 32

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm not familiar with the care that your species of tortoise requires, however, I'm pretty sure he would benefit from more humidity in his world, and to that end, I'd remove the hay and add water to the substrate. Also, figure out a way to cover the enclosure with the lights and heat inside the cover, effectively making it a closed enclosure. They do very well with more humidity - warm, moist air.