finally getting the greenhouse :P

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
my tutor recommended this green house. it has some double layer thing thats in the walls, so there is no need for a heater. he said it was 50 outside and 90 in the greenhouse!

If that's true then I want one too. Let us know how well it works for you. And provide pics once you get it.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I checked out your 1st link but it looks like the traditional green house..not the double wall? Or did I miss it?

I had planned to set up a greenhouse here in Oregon but my yard has to many trees, not enough full sun in an ideal location to make a greenhouse work. :/

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Like he said, the trick is full sun.. so, if you can manage that location, I think it would work great.

Most of us choose an area where our tortoises can get plenty sunlight anyhow so this wouldn't be that big of a problem. This guy has it surrounding by snow in the low 20's and it's high 80's inside. That's crazy. Also I'm assuming humidity levels can be easier to maintain inside a greenhouse.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I checked out your 1st link but it looks like the traditional green house..not the double wall? Or did I miss it?

I had planned to set up a greenhouse here in Oregon but my yard has to many trees, not enough full sun in an ideal location to make a greenhouse work. :/

Cut some tree branches down. I wonder if we can do a DIY greenhouse. For example build the frame how we want and then Just throw that material on top.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Most of us choose an area where our tortoises can get plenty sunlight anyhow so this wouldn't be that big of a problem. This guy has it surrounding by snow in the low 20's and it's high 80's inside. That's crazy. Also I'm assuming humidity levels can be easier to maintain inside a greenhouse.
its like a giant outdoor closed chamber enclosure!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Greenhouse are nice! Also for bigger species they maybe walk right through that wall. Wooden heat box not so much.

Kyle

For the larger species where this could be an issue maybe a nice base inside or outside would be needed. Some bricks might do it.