Fir Bark

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I used to buy ReptiBark from Chewy.com, 8 quart bag for around $16. Then they raised their prices up close to $30 for that same bag. I quit buying it and did without. Amazon was that same high price. Well, the other day I was pretty needy, so I once again looked at "reptile bedding" at chewy.com. I found a different brand of fir bark, Frisco brand, 8 quart bag for $15.98, so I bought a couple bags. Then just for the heck of it I looked again at the 8 quart bag of ReptiBark, and they've lowered their prices back to the $15 range. I received the Frisco bark today and it's every bit as nice as the Reptibark. It's good to have another brand to fall back on. Only problem is the kibble size is more 'medium' than 'small.' But that's ok. It's all good!

fir bark a.jpgfir bark b.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I used to buy ReptiBark from Chewy.com, 8 quart bag for around $16. Then they raised their prices up close to $30 for that same bag. I quit buying it and did without. Amazon was that same high price. Well, the other day I was pretty needy, so I once again looked at "reptile bedding" at chewy.com. I found a different brand of fir bark, Frisco brand, 8 quart bag for $15.98, so I bought a couple bags. Then just for the heck of it I looked again at the 8 quart bag of ReptiBark, and they've lowered their prices back to the $15 range. I received the Frisco bark today and it's every bit as nice as the Reptibark. It's good to have another brand to fall back on. Only problem is the kibble size is more 'medium' than 'small.' But that's ok. It's all good!
I thought you had food a bulk source where you could buy a truckload for cheap?