First bite of Mazuri

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
For those not experienced in interpreting tortoise facial expressions this one conveys “dammit Janet!” I decided to try mazuri today on half a romaine(her fav) she gagged and used her foot to knock it out of her mouth and stared at me for a long while before turning laying down on her food and then walking through it and as far away as she could get from her dinner tile. 😂 I’ll start slower next week and build up. She eats so well I assumed soaking a full cup would be just fine. I think I got ahead of myself with this one. 🥸
IMG_0312.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
For those not experienced in interpreting tortoise facial expressions this one conveys “dammit Janet!” I decided to try mazuri today on half a romaine(her fav) she gagged and used her foot to knock it out of her mouth and stared at me for a long while before turning laying down on her food and then walking through it and as far away as she could get from her dinner tile. 😂 I’ll start slower next week and build up. She eats so well I assumed soaking a full cup would be just fine. I think I got ahead of myself with this one. 🥸
View attachment 379229
HA! That's funny.

I found this chart to help people learn to read and understand their tortoises moods, emotions and feelings. This one is for star tortoises, but there is a lot of over lap from species to species. I think it will help you tremendously:
09c5eb39-dc47-784c-8527-0dfcec160400.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
HA! That's funny.

I found this chart to help people learn to read and understand their tortoises moods, emotions and feelings. This one is for star tortoises, but there is a lot of over lap from species to species. I think it will help you tremendously:
View attachment 379230
Good one.