first sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
I am a 38 yr old female with a few neuro disabilities with a Love for reptiles and fish. I have raised Lizards before but this is my very first Sulcata. She is a baby I ordered from the tortoise shack a few days ago and still acclimating to her new home. I named her Willow. For me fish and reptiles are not only therapy but a reason for me to fight my health problems.. I actually preffer their company to that of people.. No offense guys. it's just that animals seem to take to me and never judge me. I live in MN but have a huge house.. so when willow grows older and it's winter.. I am gonna let her wander in the house sometimes.. with her main enclosure in my bedroom ( it's HUGE and has another open room adjoining it). I still live with my parents but even Mom who is does not share my love of reptiles fell in love with tortoises after learning about them. odds are she will spoil willow too.:tort:

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Welcome! This is a great place to learn about torts. :)

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE], & Aussies (@YWG)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). No offense, lots of us here prefer animals to humans:D
Please read Toms threads at the bottom of my post for raising a smooth, healthy sulcata.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You're in good company. Welcome to the forum and learn all you can on this specie. I love them so much I own three!

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
Not sure where to post this but I have a question for the members here?? Has anyone ordered their tortoise through " the tortoise shack.com" ? I hear alot of bad and am worried becuz thats where I got my sulcata from and at the moment she isn't really eating ( drinks ,soaks and poops fine though) and she is only active morning-noon then sleeps again. ALOT. I hope I did not make a mistake there as I did with the sand( switching to cypress mulch real SOON).

Status
Not open for further replies.