my sulcata has not had a BM in over a week

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
my Sulcata, WIllow has not had a BM in a little over a week but is still eating like crazy and moves about her enclosure. The only difference is there was a fire in the house that used to be next to mine ( it burned down). It also resulted in cracked windows on one side of my house and cooler temps inside. I Put a higher wattage heat bulb on willow to keep her warm... she huddles underneath it quiet abit. could the cooler temps in here be responsible? It was being kept at 81 and is now just barely 72.

gustaf

5 Year Member
Yes they are right. I think it would be a good idea to have a basking area that gets up to the 90's then your tort can self regulate by moving in and out of the hot spot whenever he sees fit.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
What are your four temperatures currently? Warm side, cool side, basking spot and overnight low?

Are you soaking daily? Are you sure your tortoise isn't pooping and eating it when you are not there looking?

This is another example of why a closed chamber is better. Doesn't matter what room temps are if the tortoise's enclosure isn't open and exposed to them.

tortoise_luvergirl

5 Year Member
What are your four temperatures currently? Warm side, cool side, basking spot and overnight low?

Are you soaking daily? Are you sure your tortoise isn't pooping and eating it when you are not there looking?

This is another example of why a closed chamber is better. Doesn't matter what room temps are if the tortoise's enclosure isn't open and exposed to them.
her enclosure is somewhat open at the top... could someone direct me to a site that describes a closed chamber?