First time outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello Everyone

Here are George and Frankie enjoying their first time in the sun, you can guess which one of these two sisters is the brave one is!

Frankie - 3 mths
ourcameraapril09258.jpg

ourcameraapril09261.jpg

ourcameraapril09266.jpg

George - 8 mths
ourcameraapril09267.jpg

ourcameraapril09271.jpg

ourcameraapril09264.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!
Leanne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Oh they are sooooo cute. The Indian Stars have such a gorgeous shell I just love them. They looked like they had fun, well maybe not the one who's hiding in her shell. :p

desertsss

5 Year Member
Oh my goodness! They are amazing. So small and pretty. Looks like they had fun. The first time I took Gordo and Twitch outside they both wet themselves. It was sad.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
They are very beautiful little ones. What was the temperature out that day? We have found that ours tend to get runny noses when the temps are much below 80 - wimps!

It's true that it may be stressful the first time a tortoise is introduced to a new area, but as long as they have hides and the setup of the area doesn't change (that makes it new and stressful all over again, imagine walking out your front door and the neighbors house isn't there, and the grocery store is in a new location, etc,etc.) they will settle down and love the feeling of the natural sunlight. Our Stars can't resist dandelion and pansy outside.

In the last picture I think Frankie is planning to use George as a ladder for "the great escape" ;)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hahahaha George & Frank are too cute ! I just love Indian stars, amazing shells :) Haha they look like such characters!

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Tim/Robin said:
They are very beautiful little ones. What was the temperature out that day? We have found that ours tend to get runny noses when the temps are much below 80 - wimps!

It's true that it may be stressful the first time a tortoise is introduced to a new area, but as long as they have hides and the setup of the area doesn't change (that makes it new and stressful all over again, imagine walking out your front door and the neighbors house isn't there, and the grocery store is in a new location, etc,etc.) they will settle down and love the feeling of the natural sunlight. Our Stars can't resist dandelion and pansy outside.

In the last picture I think Frankie is planning to use George as a ladder for "the great escape" ;)

We live in a flat above a shop so do not have a garden, a colleague from work built them their own little box with turf in, he made it a perfect size so that their lid of their home (which has their heat, light attached) fits perfectly on top, so don't worry their garden is very bespoke and all theirs! We have a suntrap area on our balcony, i positioned them out of the way of any breeze, we didn't stay out too long but the sun was hot on my skin.
Just before we came in Frankie started to eat the grass so settled well, george just looked worried!
George is like afirst born the one you are over protected of, so i feel i've made her nervous, frankie is the typical sibling - rebelious!

Jack-'n'-Jill

5 Year Member
Leanne, these photos are adorable!!! I love them. Its so funny the difference in personalities.

That pen looks awesome too, good job!!

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jack- said:
Leanne, these photos are adorable!!! I love them. Its so funny the difference in personalities.

That pen looks awesome too, good job!!

Cheers Callum! yes their personalities are really different - frankie thinks she is the boss and will move george out of her way using all her strength, george trys to hold her corner but frankie always wins - however i must say george has learnt a new technique when frankie is in her favourite corner she knows that pushing her does not work so will now dig right underneath frankie and lift her out of the way - v.clever - you can't beat the more mature mind even if it is only by 5 mths - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.